EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE and STRATEGIC COMMITTEE
for more than
Innovation is thinking differently about how to listen to customer requirements; Mecachrome Research and Technology develops innovative industrial designs and supports the industry’s digital transformation.
Its capacity for innovation allows Mecachrome to implement solutions that create value for customers, and to distinguish itself from its competitors. The R&T organization rests on a dedicated multi-disciplinary team, located at the Océan Technocampus (Nantes). Mecachrome’s technological know-how constitutes one of the essential elements of its competitiveness in France and around the world. The recently developed Focus Factory concept is the most recent innovative creation at Mecachrome.
Emergence of MECACHROME in Colombes, in the Paris region
Creation in Aubigny-sur-Nère of a production site specializing in aeroengines, DNES and Motorsport (F1,F2,F3)
Creation of the Sablé-sur-Sarthe site specializing in machining and assembly of parts for vehicle engines
Acquisition of the Vibraye site, specializing in innovation with the implementation of the R&T and then the Cutting Tools Center
MECACHROME sets up in Canada, in Mirabel (Québec), a forward base for closer contact with order placers on the North American continent
MECACHROME continues its development with the creation of a best-cost factory in Tangier, Morocco
Acquisition of Mecahers with the dual aim of setting up close to the OEM in Toulouse and adding the sheet metal working and boiler making speciality to its range of skills
- Acquisition of Jallais in Sainte-Luce (Nantes), a factory specializing in the fitting of aeronautical parts, close to Airbus Nantes
- Acquisition of Nomatec in Bully-les-Mines, a factory specializing in the machining of complex parts, and close to Dassault Seclin
- Creation of a new best-cost site in Portugal (Setubal)
- Joint development of SAFRAN LEAP turbine blades, creation of the first Focus Factory on the Sablé-sur-Sarthe site
- Creation of the MKAD joint-venture in collaboration with Aubert & Duval in Varilhes (Pamiers) specializing in the machining of large titanium parts, with a view to vertical integration for the A350
Creation of a new best-cost site in Portugal (Evora)
Arrival of Christian Cornille in group management, together with his new management team
Despite COVID, creation of the second Focus Factory for PORSCHE engine cylinder heads on the Sablé-sur-Sarthe site
- Acquisition of the Hitim group specializing in landing gear axles, engine drive shafts, and HVOF (High Velocity Oxygen Fuel) surface treatment. Annecy and Roanne sites
- Transfer of the Cutting Tools Center activities to the Sablé-sur-Sarthe site
Transfer of R&T activities to the Nantes technocampus
Acquisition of WeAre Group, a specialist in the manufacture of small and medium-sized mechanical parts with high technological value and small complex sub-assemblies in the aeronautics, telecommunications and defense sectors. WeAre Group currently employs 950 people across 10 production sites in France, Morocco and Tunisia.
Acquisition of a majority stake in the Rossi Aero group, a leading supplier to the aeronautics industry specializing in rapid manufacturing. The ROSSI AERO Group operates three sites in the Toulouse region, and employs nearly 300 people.